This stuffed chicken recipe featuring Jones Dairy Farm Canadian Bacon, pesto, pizza sauce, and mozzarella cheese bring your favorite pizza flavors together in a sizzling skillet! A gluten-free* and low-carb meal that will satisfy your pizza cravings.
(*Please check sauce and shredded cheese labelling.)
Recipe by Sunkissed Kitchen
Pizza Stuffed Chicken Breast
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 8 slices Jones Canadian Bacon
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- salt and pepper to taste
- basil for garnish (optional)
- 1Flatten chicken breasts using a mallet or rolling pin into a thin even layer. (You can place chicken in a plastic bag or wrap for easier clean-up.)
- 2Take each chicken breast and season with salt and pepper. Spread each chicken breasts with 1Tbsp pesto, 2 slices of Jones Dairy Farm Canadian Bacon, and 2Tbsp of shredded mozzarella cheese. Roll chicken breasts.
- 3Preheat oven to 220°C.
- 4Heat cast iron skillet over high heat and add 1 Tbsp olive oil.
- 5Brown the rolled chicken breasts by cooking 4-5 minutes per side over high heat.
- 6Remove skillet from heat and top each chicken breast with 1 Tbsp pizza sauce and remainder of cheese. Add cherry tomatoes around the chicken.
- 7Place the skillet in the oven and bake for 17-20 minutes, or until the chicken breasts are baked through.
- 8Garnish with shredded basil and serve immediately.
This recipe is made using
Jones Dairy Farm Canadian Bacon
Back to the list