Recipes No Sugar Bacon and Napa Cabbage Mille-Feuille Hot Pot
As the weather cools down, there’s nothing quite like a comforting hot pot to warm you up. This hot pot recipe combines Jones Dairy Farm’s No Sugar Bacon with Napa cabbage for a quick and delicious meal that’s perfect for a cozy dinner.
No Sugar Bacon and Napa Cabbage Mille-Feuille Hot Pot
Servings: 2 people10 minutes
- 8 slices of Jones Dairy Farm No Sugar Bacon
- 1/4 Napa cabbage
- A. Miso 1/2 tablespoon
- A. Tomato puree 4 tablespoons
- A. Dashi granules 1/2 teaspoon (may be substituted with bouillon powder)
- A. Cooking sake 1 tablespoon
- Parmesan cheese (to taste)
- Cooked rice (optional)
- 1Preparation: Mix the seasonings in (A) together.
- 2Trim the core of the Napa cabbage and layer the No Sugar Bacon between the leaves in layers (Napa Cabbage → Bacon → Napa Cabbage and so on.)
- 3Cut into 5 equal parts and place them in a pot so that they stand upright.
- 4Pour the mixed seasoning over and cover with a lid. Heat the pot over the stovetop or portable burner. Simmer over medium heat for about 4 minutes, then remove from heat and grate Parmesan cheese over.
- 5Optional: You can add cooked rice when the ingredients are about halfway done.
Note: This recipe is best enjoyed when the Napa cabbage still has texture. Be careful not to overcook.