A beautiful meal fit for the holiday season. This Ham Wellington made with Jones Dairy Farm’s All Natural Uncured Hickory Smoked Ham will be a crowd pleasure.
Hickory Smoked Ham Wellington
Serving size: 6 slices1 hour
- 300g cremini mushroom (may be substitute with other types of mushroom)
- 1/2 onion
- 1 knob garlic
- 20g butter
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 50g white wine
- Jones Dairy Farm Hickory Smoked Ham 1 pack
- 40g Dijon mustard
- 6 pieces Kiri Cream Cheese Herb & Garlic
- 5 frozen rectangular pie sheets
- 3 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
Red Wine Sauce
- A. 200g white wine
- A. 1/2 grated garlic
- A. 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- A. 3 tablespoons honey
- 20g butter
- 1Defrost frozen pie sheet in refrigerator. Mix egg yolk and heavy cream together. Bring Kiri cream cheese to room temperature. Roll one 1 pie sheet into 3~4mm thickness and create cut-out patterns. (See video below)
- 2To prepare mushroom duxelle, pulse mushroom, onion, and garlic in a food processor until finely chopped. In a heated pan, add vegetable oil, and chopped mushroom mixture. Saute for 2 minutes before adding salt, pepper, and white wine. Simmer for 15 minutes then add butter and remove from heat. Place the mushroom duxelle in the refrigerator to cool.
- 3Overlap 2 pie sheets on the long end by 1cm and brush a bit of egg yolk to keep in place. Roll the pie sheet into a 3~4mm thickness. Continue this process with 2 more pie sheets.
- 4Coat Hickory Smoked Ham with Dijon mustard.
- 5Place 6 pieces of Kiri cream cheese in the center of 1 of the pie sheets. Spread from center to the size of your Hickory Smoked Ham. Place Hickory Smoked Ham on top.
- 6Cover the Hickory Smoked Ham with the mushroom duxelle. Press gently with fingers to ensure the duxelle stays in place. Brush egg yolk mixture on the pie sheet around the ham.
- 7Cover (5) with the 2nd pie sheet and seal tightly making sure not to get any air inside. Trim excess pie sheet. (Optional: Use excess pie sheets to cut out leaf motifs for decoration.)
- 8Coat the pie completely with egg yolk mixture. Cover with decorative pie sheet. (See video below) Make holes in 3 places and place in refrigerator to chill for 30 minutes.
- 9Preheat the oven to 230C. Place pie in the oven for about 30 minutes or when it starts to get golden.
- 10While waiting for the pie to bake, make the red wine sauce. In a saucepan, add A. and simmer until reduced to half. Add butter and mix then remove from heat.
Avoid pie from crumbling by slicing Ham Wellington after the pie crust cools down.
This recipe is made using
Jones Dairy Farm Hickory Smoked Ham
Back to the list