Recipes Bacon Chips & Homemade Guacamole
Want to switch up your regular tortilla chips for something more flavorful and exciting? These crunchy and delicious bacon chips will reinvent the way you snack and enjoy guacamole. Great for anyone looking for a low-carb, keto-friendly alternative to the classic guacamole-and-chips.
Bacon Chips & Homemade Guacamole
- 450g Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon, cut into 2.5cm strips
- 4 ripe avocados
- 3 Tbs freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 8 dashes hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup red onion, small-diced
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and small-diced
- 1Preheat oven to 190°C.
- 2Line baking sheet with parchment paper and lay bacon in single layers.
- 3Bake until bacon is crispy, approximately 10-12 minutes. While the bacon is in the oven, prepare the dip.
- 4Cut avocados in half, remove the pit and scoop avocado flesh into a large bowl.
- 5Immediately add lemon juice, hot pepper sauce, onion, garlic, salt and pepper and mash until desired consistency.
- 6Add diced tomatoes and mix well.
- 7Serve with bacon chips!