Recipes Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf
Indulge in our savory meatloaf recipe, made with a delectable blend of beef, pork, and Jones Dairy Farm’s Dry Aged Bacon. Topped with a rich sauce and garnished with fresh cherry tomatoes and watercress, it’s a mouth-watering dish that’s sure to please.
Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf
Servings: 41 hour
- 6 slices Jones Dairy Farm Dry Aged Bacon
- 500g ground beef and pork
- 1/2 onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 50ml red wine
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- A pinch of nutmeg
- 1 sprig of fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 beaten egg
- 30g fresh breadcrumbs
- 3 boiled eggs
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- A. 150ml red wine
- A. 1/2 teaspoon grated garlic
- A. 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- A. 2 tablespoons honey
- A. 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon butter
- Cherry tomatoes and watercress, for serving
- 1In a frying pan, heat some oil and sauté finely chopped garlic and onion until soft. Add red wine and let it simmer until reduced. Remove from heat and let it cool.
- 2Mix beaten egg and fresh breadcrumbs together. Cut the 5mm of egg whites from top and bottom of boiled eggs and coat with cornstarch.
- 3In a bowl, combine ground beef and pork blend, sautéed onion, egg and breadcrumb mixture, salt and pepper, nutmeg, tomato ketchup, and Worcestershire sauce. Mix until the mixture becomes sticky.
- 4Line a pound cake mold with aluminum foil. Place slices of bacon, making sure they do not overlap.
- 5Spoon half of the meat mixture into the mold, then place boiled eggs on top. Cover with the remaining meat mixture.
- 6Cover the top with more bacon and wrap the mold in foil. Bake in a preheated oven at 200°C for about 40 minutes. Check for doneness by inserting a wooden skewer into the center; it should come out clean.
- 7In a small saucepan, simmer A. ingredients for sauce until it thickens. Turn off the heat and stir in butter.
- 8Slice the meatloaf and serve with the sauce and cherry tomatoes and watercress as garnish.
This recipe is made using
Jones Dairy Farm Dry Aged Bacon
Back to the list