Recipes No Sugar Bacon and Kabocha Scoop Croquette
Savor this no-fry scoop croquettes recipe using Jones Dairy Farm’s All Natural Uncured No Sugar Bacon and Kabocha Pumpkin. The delightful combination of crispy bacon and creamy and sweet kabocha is a perfect side dish for Fall and winter holidays.
- To make fresh breadcrumbs, tear or use a food processor to roughly cut bread.
- 1Wrap the kabocha in plastic wrap and microwave for 1 minute. Remove the seeds and peel, then cut it into bite-sized pieces. Place the pumpkin pieces in a microwave-safe dish, cover with a lid (or plastic wrap), and microwave for another 5 minutes. While still hot, mash the pumpkin.
- 2Cut 4 slices of No Sugar Bacon into 1cm wide strips, and finely chop the remaining 2 slices. Finely dice the onion and mushrooms.
- 3Heat a pan and sauté the 1cm wide bacon strips. When the bacon starts to release its fat, add the diced onion and mushrooms and sauté together.
- 4Combine the sautéed mixture from (3) with the mashed pumpkin from (1). Add heavy cream and Parmesan cheese, and season with salt and pepper.
- 5Wipe the pan with paper towel and sauté the finely chopped bacon. Once the bacon starts to release some oil, add the breadcrumbs and sauté until they turn golden brown.
- 6Sprinkle the sautéed breadcrumbs over the pumpkin mixture. Heat in a toaster oven or broil until golden.
- 7Garnish with finely chopped parsley before serving.
This recipe is made using
Jones Dairy Farm No Sugar Bacon
Back to the list