Our take on the sweet and savory onion jam includes our naturally sweet and smoky Cherrywood Smoked Dry-Aged Bacon because why not? This rich condiment is a perfect addition to your cheese board and a quick way to make any sandwich or burger gourmet!
Make extra- this delicious bacon jam makes for a great gift.
Bacon Onion Jam
Yields: 1 cup1 hour
- 1/2 package Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 4 tablespoon brown sugar
- 4 tablespoon water
- 1 shot of espresso (or 40ml of strong-brewed coffee)
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon of balsamic vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1Place sliced red onion in a microwave-safe plate and microwave for 2 minute at 500W and let rest until needed.
- 2Cut Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon 1cm wide and place in heated skillet. Cook the bacon for 10 minutes stirring frequently. Scoop out the bacon, leaving the fat in skillet and set aside on paper towel lined plate.
- 3Add onion to skillet and turn heat to medium-low. Add brown sugar and let it caramelize for 20 minutes only stirring occasionally.
- 4Add bacon, water, and espresso and stir. Let it cook for another 20 minutes only stirring occasionally.
- 5When the mixture is nice and thick, add balsamic vinegar and mix to combine once before turning off heat.
Serve immediately or store in a jar and keep in fridge for up to 1 week. When refrigerating, let it warm to room temperature before using or add directly to cooking.