Pork Vindaloo @tashatohazuki
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 whole chili peppers
- 1 teaspoon whole peppercorns
- 5 whole cloves
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 2 tablespoons paprika powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- cayenne pepper powder if desired
- 1/2cup olive oil
- 1 large onion
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 3 cloves garlic, ground into paste
- 1 inch ginger, ground into paste
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 large tomato
- 100 ml water
- Jones Dairy Farm Hickory Smoked Ham
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- fresh thyme or parsley for garnish
- 1Add *Whole spices and olive oil into a pot and heat on a low flame until seeds start to pop. Move them around in the oil from time to time to avoid burning. Burning the seeds will make your Vindaloo bitter.
- 2Add sliced onions and a generous amount of salt, sauté on a medium flame until onions turn golden. Do not brown them.
- 3Add tomato paste and mix into oil and water released from the onions. Cooking the tomato paste thoroughly will eliminate the tartness of the tomato paste and give depth to flavor.
- 4Once the tomato paste has blended with the onions, add garlic and ginger paste. Stir until fragrant.
- 5Add diced tomatoes and *Ground spices, and stir until everything is blended together.
- 6Add white wine and chicken stock. Bring to boil, and let simmer on low heat for 20 min.
- 7Add water if needed.
- 8Add diced Jones Dairy Farm Hickory Smoked Ham, brown sugar, and vinegar. Let simmer until the ham is heated all the way through about 10 mins.
- 9Taste, and add salt, pepper, brown sugar, vinegar if desired.
- 10Serve over rice, and garnish with fresh thyme or parsley..
This recipe is made using
Jones Dairy Farm Hickory Smoked Ham
Back to the list