Japanese Curry Bread ‘Kare-Pan’ made easy using sandwich bread and instant ready-made curry pouches. But it’s no ordinary Curry Bread with the addition of Jones Dairy Farm Canadian Bacon and cheese. Perfect for a mid-day snack or a packed lunch.
Canadian Bacon and Cheese Curry Bread
Servings: 325 minutes
- 6 slices Jones Dairy Farm Canadian Bacon
- 6 sliced cheese
- 6 slices of bread
- 1 pouch ready-made Japanese curry
- 1 medium sized potato
- 100g panko
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons water
- Oil, enough to fry
- 1Prep: combine egg, flour, and water to make a batter.
- 2Wrap the potato in plastic wrap and heat in a 600w microwave for about 5 minutes. Place potato and ready-made curry and mash to combine.
- 3Flatten bread with a rolling pin./span>
- 4Place sliced cheese → Canadian Bacon → curry → Canadian Bacon → sliced cheese in the center of the bread in that order. Apply a small amount of batter around the bread and sandwich it with another piece of bread. Firmly press around to adhere.
- 5Trim bread crust (3) by firmly placing a bowl in the center and pulling excess bread.
- 6Apply batter to both sides of the bread and cover with panko.
- 7Add 1 cm of oil into a pan and heat it to 170C. Deep-fry until both sides are browned.
This recipe is made using
Jones Dairy Farm Canadian Bacon
Back to the list