Recipes Bacon, Bamboo Shoot and Canola Flower Pasta
Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon adds depth to this light and bright pasta recipe perfect for Spring. This quick recipe is perfect for lunch and dinner.
Bacon, Bamboo Shoot and Canola Flower Pasta
Serving size: 2 15 minutes
- 3 slices Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon, cut into 1cm
- 180g spaghetti
- 1/2 bunch of canola flower (field mustard)
- 80g bamboo shoot
- 1 knob garlic
- 1 dried birds eye chili
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- Salt to taste
- Coarse pepper to taste
- 1Bring a big pot of water to boil and add 1% salt.
- 2Cut off the hard part of the canola flower stem, boil for 40 seconds, then rinse in cold water to keep color bright. Squeeze out the water.
- 1Cook Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon in a skillet until slightly crispy and remove bacon and set aside. Keep bacon grease in the skillet.
- 2Cook spaghetti according to package direction.
- 3Add olive oil to the skillet with the bacon grease and add garlic and dried birds eye chili. Once the oil is fragrant, add bamboo shoots and cook until brown on the edges. Add canola flower and mix to incorporate.
- 4Add white wine to the skillet and let it simmer to cook off alcohol then add 30ml of pasta water and bring to a boil. Drain the water from the boiled spaghetti, add it, and season with salt and pepper.
- 5Add drained spaghetti to the skillet to incorporate flavor and taste with salt and pepper. Once plated, drizzle a dash of olive oil.
This recipe is made using
Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon
Back to the list