Recipes Mushroom and Canadian Bacon Galette Complète
This gluten-free savory galette recipe featuring Jones Dairy Farm’s All Natural Uncured Canadian Bacon will transport you to a rustic cafe. Prepare this comforting dish on a slow morning or weekend as this batter needs 1 hour rest time.
Canadian Bacon Fresh Spring Rolls – 3 flavors, 3 sauces
Servings: 230 minutes(does not include dough resting time)
- 150g of buckwheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 egg
- 150ml of water
- 150ml of milk
- 4 slices of Jones Dairy Farm Canadian Bacon
- 1/2 pack of shimeji mushrooms
- 1/2 pack of maitake mushrooms
- 1/2 pack of white maitake mushrooms
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of white wine
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 Italian parsley
- 2 eggs
- 60g shredded pizza blend cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- A small amount of blue cheese
- Coarsely ground black pepper to taste
- Your choice of leafy greens (tossed with olive oil, vinegar, and salt)
- 1Prepare the dough: Combine and mix together egg, water, and milk. In a bowl, sift the buckwheat flour and salt, and gradually add the egg mixture while whisking. Cover with plastic wrap and let batter rest for 1 hour.
- 2Separate the mushrooms into small clusters. Finely chop garlic and Italian parsley and cut the Canadian Bacon into halves.
- 3Heat the pan and add olive oil and garlic. Add mushrooms and sauté. Sprinkle white wine and season with salt and pepper, then add the chopped parsley. Remove from heat.
- 4Heat a large pan and melt the butter. Pour in about one ladleful of the batter, swirling the pan to spread it thinly. Cook over medium heat until it is golden and flip over. Cook the other side for about 30 seconds and flip once more.
- 5Crack the eggs in the center of the galette and spread the egg whites using a spatula. Sprinkle shredded cheese over the eggs, then add Canadian Bacon and sautéed mushrooms. Cover and cook until the cheese melts.
- 6Fold the sides of the dough inward to create a square and transfer to a plate. Arrange leafy greens on the side and sprinkle with blue cheese and coarsely ground black pepper, if desired.
This recipe is made using
Jones Dairy Farm Canadian Bacon
Back to the list