Camping Food: Curry Paella
Serves 1~2 people25 minutes (excluding time to soak and cook rice)
One of our favorite camping food recipes is our Curry Paella. Simple, refreshing and made with Jones Dairy Farm’s Chicken Links and shrimp, it’s perfect for a trip away with the family.
- 5 Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Chicken Links, defrosted
- 1 cup of rice
- 1 tablespoon of white wine*
- 1 tablespoon of curry powder*
- ½ teaspoon of grated garlic*
- 160 ml water*
- 70g frozen seafood mix, defrosted and rid of water
- 40g red pepper, cut into 2cm squares
- ¼ onion, chopped
- 50g zucchini, cut into 5mm quarters
- 2 black olives, sliced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ lemon
- Italian parsley
- 1In a mess tin, add washed rice and ingredients with * and let soak for 30 minutes.
- 2Place ingredients on the rice in the mess tin, well-balanced.
- 3Add salt and pepper, and pour olive oil. Close the lid and place on fire. Once boiling, heat for 15 minutes on low. *Place a weight on the lid to avoid spilling over.
- 4Take off from heat, and wrap the tin in a towel and let sit for 15 minutes.
- 5Serve with Italian parsley and lemon.
This can be made on camping grounds outside or inside in a kitchen. Mess tins burn easily, so lower heat significantly once boiled!