A panzanella salad recipe isn’t complete without bread chunks that soak up all the juices from the tomatoes. Try it today.
BLT Panzanella Salad with Basil Dressing
Servings: 420 minutes
For the Dressing:
- 4 tablespoons cup mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons sour cream or greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 package Jones Dairy Farm Dry Aged Bacon
- 2 cups day old bread, cubed
- 4 cups ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, sliced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
For the dressing:
Combine all dressing ingredients in a blender or small food processor. Blend until smooth. Taste and season with salt and pepper as desired.
- 1In a medium sauté pan, cook bacon until crisp. Drain and chop, set aside.
- 2In a large bowl, combine the bread, tomatoes, basil, and olive oil. Toss gently and set aside.
- 3Spread the romaine lettuce on a large platter or four smaller plates. Gently spoon the tomato and bread mixture over the lettuce.
- 4Sprinkle the cooked bacon over the top. Finally, drizzle the basil dressing generously over the entire salad. Finish with a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
This recipe is made using
Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon
Back to the list