This classic French sandwich featuring Emmental cheese and Jones Canadian Bacon is served hot and bubbly and topped with a fried egg.
Croque Madame with Canadian Bacon
Croque Madame with Canadian Bacon20 minutes
- 4 Tbs unsalted butter
- 2 Tbs all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup Emmental cheese, shredded and divided
- 1/2 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- Pinch fresh grated nutmeg
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 thick slices bread
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 8 slices Jones Dairy Farm Canadian Bacon
- 2 large eggs, fried
- 1Prepare baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside. Preheat broiler.
- 2In medium sized skillet add butter and melt over medium heat.
- 3Once butter is melted, whisk in flour until mixture is smooth and there are no clumps. Slowly whisk in milk and whisk until smooth and mixture starts to thicken. Remove from heat and whisk in 1/2 cup swiss cheese, fresh thyme leaves, grated nutmeg, kosher salt and ground pepper.
- 4Lay out bread and spread each slice with 1/2 tablespoon Dijon mustard; top with 1 tablespoon of cheese sauce.
- 5Top 2 slices of bread with 4 slices Canadian Bacon and 2 tablespoons shredded swiss cheese. Place the 2 bread slices on baking sheet and broil in oven until cheese is melted, browned and bubbly.
- 6Remove from oven and top with remaining slice of bread, cheese sauce side down. Top each sandwich with equal parts swiss cheese sauce and remaining shredded swiss cheese.
- 7Place back under broiler and cook until cheese is fully melted and bubbly. Top with egg and enjoy.
This recipe is made using
Jones Dairy Farm Canadian Bacon
Back to the list