Dress up a simple spinach salad with this warm bacon dressing for a delicious lunch or side dish. Top with additional protein to turn this into a meal!
By Sunkissed Kitchen
Spinach Salad with Warm Bacon Dressing
Serving: 330 minutes
- 6 cups baby spinach
- 3 hard boiled eggs, cut in half
- 1 red bell peppers, roasted, skins removed, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 avocado sliced
- 3 tablespoons pecans, chopped
- 1/2 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon
- 1/4 red onion, finely minced
- 1 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoons preferred sweetener (can substitute honey or maple syrup)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1Assemble the salads on individual plates by layering spinach, a hard boiled egg, a few slices of roasted red pepper and avocado, and a tablespoon of chopped pecans.
- 2Cook the bacon in a skillet until browned and slightly crisp. Remove from pan, leaving the bacon grease, and chop the bacon and set aside.
- 3Add the shallots into the pan with the bacon grease, and sauté over medium heat until they just begin to brown.
- 4Add the avocado oil, red wine vinegar, chopped bacon, sweetener, and salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a low simmer and then remove from heat.
- 5Top the salads while the dressing is still hot to wilt the spinach.