This no-bun bacon cheeseburger casserole is layered with savory ground beef, veggies and topped with crispy Jones Dry-Aged Bacon for the ultimate casserole!
Make extra and save for later!
Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole
Servings: 840 minutes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 medium red “Paprika” bell pepper, diced
- 225g mushrooms, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 package Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon, chopped
- 680g ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- sliced dill pickles
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tablespoon butter
- 2 Tablespoon flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
In a pot over medium heat, add the butter and melt. Whisk in the flour and slowly whisk in the milk. Add cheese and mix until melted and smooth.
- 1In a pot over medium heat, add the butter and melt. Whisk in the flour and slowly whisk in the milk. Add cheese and mix until melted and smooth.
- 2Lower heat to medium, add onion, peppers, and mushrooms. Cook for 2-3 minutes, add garlic, cook and sprinkle the mixture with salt and pepper. Continue to cook for 2 minutes.
- 3Push veggies to one side of pan, add ground beef. Sprinkle salt, pepper, paprika, and onion powder. Use spatula to break up lumps. Mix beef with veggies. Continue to cook until beef is fully browned. Remove from heat.
- 4Transfer beef mixture to an oven-safe dish, pour in cheese mixture and stir to combine. Crumble cooked bacon over top. Bake in oven for 10-15 minutes or until bubbly.
- 5To serve, top the with sliced pickles, ketchup, and any other desired toppings.