After you try this sweet and savory French toast, you’ll want to coat everything in a crispy layer of Dry-Aged Bacon and shredded coconut. Trust us.
Bacon and Coconut French Toast
Servings: 435 minutes
- 57g butter, plus extra for skillet
- 180ml pure maple syrup
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Dash of salt
- 1/2 pack of Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon, cooked and chopped
- 2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 8 slices thick bread
- 1In a small saucepan heat butter and maple syrup over medium heat and keep warm on the stove over low heat.
- 2In a medium bowl, combine egg whites, milk, heavy cream, sugar, vanilla extract and salt and whisk until well combined.
- 3In a baking dish, add chopped Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon and coconut; mix to combine.
- 4Melt pat of butter over medium heat in the skillet.
- 5Dip a slice of bread into egg mixture, then coat each side with the bacon/coconut topping, pressing firmly to adhere. Add to skillet and fry until golden brown, flip and cook on the other side. Repeat steps, adding pat of butter between each batch, until all bread has been cooked.
- 6Drizzle with butter maple syrup.